Center For Teaching
Housatonic’s Center for Teaching (CFT)
The Center for Teaching creates opportunities for educators to become effective teachers, strong leaders, and dedicated professionals. Its initiatives promote teaching that supports diverse learning situations, encourage leadership that advances the mission of the community college, and nurture the talents that make each educator unique.
The CFT Committee helps to plan activities and select professional development resources and is chaired by the campus Teaching/Learning Consultant, Professor Laura Turiano.
What Does HCC’s CFT Offer?
- Free on-campus workshops, presentations, and discussion groups on a range of topics about teaching and learning
- The Center for Teaching has its own dedicated space for workshops and learning we share with our Distance Learning department
- A Blackboard Learn site for all HCC faculty with a range of resources, including on-demand professional development and opportunities for faculty discussion and the exchange of information and resources about teaching and learning
- One-on-one assistance for faculty on a confidential basis and referrals to other campus departments and resources as needed
- Information about and access to other teaching and learning resources
- Information about Center for Teaching seminars and workshops offered throughout the system
- Cooperative programs with other Centers for Teaching within our community college system
- An ongoing effort to fully integrate part-time faculty into the professional life of our college
The new Center For Teaching space in located in BH 272!
For more information, contact:
To access our Blackboard Learn site, sign in through myCommnet and check your “My Blackboard” page for the HCC Center for Teaching site. If you don’t see the site, contact Colette Rossignol, Director of Education Technology, at to be added.
Check out the State-wide CFT Facebook page where you can find additional information about teaching resources and programming.Click Here To Access Page