Enroll – Noncredit (CE)
Registration is Easy!
Four ways to REGISTER:
First, visit our Continuing & Professional Education course offering page to select the program(s)/course(s) you want to take.
Then register in one of the following four ways.
Click on the following link through our secure registration portal: HCC Workforce Development and Continuing Education Online Registration.
Complete the course’s registration form and mail your Registration Form along with check or credit card information to:
Housatonic Community College
Workforce Development & Continuing Education
900 Lafayette Blvd.; BH-116, Bridgeport, CT 06604-4704
3. BY FAX
This method is only available if you are paying by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover) and fax to: (203) 332-8558.
4. IN PERSON
When the college is open and able to accept registrations in person.
Tuition Payment for Non-credit Programs/Courses
Full payment is required at the time of registration prior to the start of the program/course. Students referred by WIOA, ApprenticeshipWorks, Veterans, or the SNAP, must provide required tuition payment approval documents at the time of registration.
How to Access the Payment Tool in MYCOMMNET
- Go to MyCommnet
- Type in student username (which is your studentIDfirstname.lastname@example.org) and password to login.
- The following three items will make the initial password for New Students only
- First three characters of your birth month, with the first letter capitalized
- Ampersand character - &
- Last 4 digits of Social Security Number
- Example: if a user has a birthdate of 10/24/79 and social security number of 123-45-6789, then the initial password would be Oct&6789
- You will need to change your password to create a new password (one uppercase Letter, one lowercase Letter, once number, one symbol)
- Click on “LOG IN”
- Click on the Banner Student & Faculty Self Service.
If this the first time using this system, it may ask you to confirm your address, email and phone, as well as if you want to participate in the MyCommnet Alert System, to notify you in case of emergency.
- Click either accept, or “Opt Out”.
- If you have taken courses at more than one community college in CT, you may be asked to select the college portal you want to access.
- On the next screen, click on the tab that says BILLING/PAYMENT, and then click on the box that says My Account/Payment Information, located in the menu under that tab.
- A submenu will open at the bottom of the My Account area, click on Student Account and Payment Center.
- The next screen will confirm that you want to access the Student Account and Payment Center. Click on the gray button to go to that website.
- This will bring you to the Touchnet website, where you can review your account, make payments, update your payment profile, and set up a payment plan.
Students must contact the Continuing & Professional Education Office (via email, fax or mail) to submit a written request for withdrawal prior to the first day of class. Program(s)/course(s) that a student withdraws from will be removed from the student’s schedule and will not appear on his/her transcript.
Refund Policy for Non-Credit Programs/Courses
A student who withdraws by the end of the business day prior to the first day of class is entitled to a full refund. In cases relating to medical reasons or other extenuating circumstances supported with proper documentation, a refund will be made at the discretion of the administration.
If the college cancels a course or program, the student will automatically be granted 100 percent tuition refund.
Responsibilities of Student Receiving Tuition Assistance
After payments have been received and processed from WIOA, Workplace, and/or SNAP, etc., any remaining balance on the student account is the responsibility of the student.
Statement of Non-discrimination
Housatonic Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, sex, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression or genetic information in its programs and activities. In addition, the College does not discriminate in employment on the additional basis of veteran status or criminal record.
Continuing Education Hours
Monday – Friday: 9:00am-4:00pm
Closed Weekends and All State Holidays
Please call during office hours 203.332.5057.