Academic Support Center
The mission of the Academic Support Center (ASC) is to provide a full service tutoring experience that cultivates student success. By fostering a supportive environment, the ASC strives to inspire students at every level of preparedness to advance, to excel, and to reach their fullest potential.
The ASC is comprised of a collaborative group of dedicated educators who strive to enhance the learning experience, and academic and professional achievement of HCC students through comprehensive services, which include:
- Center for Academic Progress (CAP)
Provides tutoring and course support for intensive classes.
- Tutoring Center
Provides one-on-one, drop-in, group, and online tutoring in most subject areas.
- Writing Center (WC)
Provides one-on-one writing tutoring to students in all subject areas.
Schedule An Appointment
Currently, Academic Support Services are available online. Tutoring services are available in three options, E-tutoring, E-mail and Live Tutoring.
- For E-tutoring, go to www.etutoringonline.org
- For all other tutoring click here: https://housatonic.accudemia.net/login and follow the steps below:
- Go to https://housatonic.accudemia.net/login and log in using your BannerID and password (Tutoring2020).
- Make an appointment with a tutor.
- Click New appointment
- Choose your center (ASC or CAP) and service (Writing Center Email, STEM Live Tutoring, CAP Live Tutoring, CAP Email)
- Choose your course
- Choose an appointment time
- Once your appointment is made, you need to plan to be online at your computer or phone for that time. A tutor will email before your appointment with instructions.
- When it is time for your appointment, a tutor will contact you at your Housatonic Student Email address. For online tutoring you MUST use your Housatonic Student email address (for example ).
- For all questions about tutoring, please email the following people:
ASC STEM Tutoring - Aliss Obeid
ASC Writing Center - Karyn Smith
CAP - Andrew Pelletier
Academic Support Center Staff
|Kofi Adomako-Ayisi||Instructional Support Specialist (CAP English)||203-332-8503|
|Aliss Obeid||Tutoring Coordinator||203-332-5992|
|Andrew Pelletier||Center for Academic Progress (CAP) Coordinator||203-332-8516|
|Kevin Redmond||Instructional Support Specialist (CAP Math)||203-332-8527|
|Karyn Smith||Coordinator of the Writing Center||203-332-5133|
|Marianne Tecun||Director of Academic Support Center||203-332-5139|
|Hyoja Tully||Instructional Support Specialist (CAP Math)||203-332-8579|
The Academic Support Newsletter