IT'S NEVER TOO LATE.
Whether you’re just starting, going back to finish, or ready to update your skillsets, HCC’s flexible offerings can help you achieve your educational goals while still balancing family and work responsibilities.
Flexibility. Convenience. Value.
At HCC we understand the idea of “going back to school” can seem overwhelming. That's why we are focused on providing flexible, convenient, and affordable options.
- Professional certifications that lead directly to the workforce, associate degrees, and non-credit certifications.
- Full- and part-time scheduling, offered during the day, evening, and weekends
- Customized advising to develop a plan just for you
- In-person, online, hybrid, accelerated, and evening courses
- In-person and online tutoring so you can work smarter and faster
- Scholarships and financial aid assistance
- On campus childcare for children 3-4 years old
- Lowest tuition in the region, $264 per credit (as of Spring 21), or $2.258 each full-time semester
Dionne Williams took a chance. It had been 30 years since Williams had entered a classroom and now at age 47, she was back. “You might say I fell through the cracks of the immigration system.” Williams said. “I was in the country for more than 16 years before I was able to get residency. I always wanted to go to college but my status made that difficult. As soon as my immigration status was wrapped up, I enrolled. The (staff) were like coaches and it was reassuring to know that they were available to help.” Williams credits scholarships and the supportive academic counseling she received as key components in getting her get to the finish line. “It may have taken me 30 years to get back in the classroom, but I can say finally I did it.” Williams said. “It’s never too late to go back to school.” Williams graduated with a 3.61 GPA and went on to Smith College, majoring in Sociology.
For assistance contact Admissions at 203.332.5100
- To get started, complete the admissions process
- You can submit your application at any time—we accept applications throughout the year
- Submit official high school transcript or GED certificate
- Submit official college transcripts from all accredited colleges, if applicable
TRANSFER CREDITS – Do you have some college?
If you have previously earned college credits, please visit our Transferring to HCC page.
To see if your course(s) are eligible for transfer email: . Final decisions about acceptance of course credit will be made by the Transfer Coordinator in accordance with our policy.
Our tuition is only $264 per credit as of Spring 21, or $2.258 each full-time semester making us very affordable compared to 4 year Universities.
For those students who qualify, Financial Aid is available. Students are required to submit the (FAFSA) form to determine eligibility for federal and state financial aid. The Housatonic Community College school code is 004513.
Scholarships are available for academic achievement or financial aid as determined by the Scholarship Committee of the Foundation Board of Directors.
Once you’ve been accepted into the college and have met with an advisor, you may register for classes. Learn how to register and contact the Office of the Registrar here.
HCC is student-focused and offers a broad range of support services:
- ADVISING: Academic Advising resources for HCC students.
- CAREER SERVICES: Comprehensive services for planning and succeeding in your career.
- STUDENT SERVICE CENTER: your one-stop shop to navigate through the enrollment process.
- VETERANS SERVICES: Support for service members and veterans.
- DEGREES AND PROGRAMS: Find the degree or certification program that is right for you.
- COURSE SEARCH: Browse credit classes offered this semester.
- STUDENT LIFE: Exciting activities and new friendships.
- CHILD CARE: The Early Childhood Lab School offers child care services.
- COUNSELING AND WELLNESS: Designed to empower students to make informed decisions about their health and support their well-being.