CNC Precision Machining Technology Level 1
CNC classes are held at Platt Technical High School, Milford, CT
A New Approach to Advancing Skills & Experience in Precision Machining & Inspection
This program is a unique and intensive training experience that prepares and improves a manufacturing employees’ effectiveness in a CNC machining environment. The program works simultaneously in multiple technology levels including multi-axis machining and turning centers. The students will experience actual production machining that culminates in a series of finished aerospace level components:
- Introduction to basic machining processes on manual machines.
- Interpretation of engineering designs with GD&T.
- Shop related mathematics, process planning & Lean Mfg.
- CNC milling & turning on 2, 3, 4 & 5 axis machines.
- CNC cutting tool sciences.
The program offers 3 levels of training to address the varying knowledge and abilities:
Level 1: Basic Machining, CNC Operating & Print Reading.
Level 2: Basic to Intermediate G&M Code Programming, Mill & Lathe.
Level 3: Introduction to 4th, 5th Milling and Y axis live tooling on CNC Lathes, Mastercam programming applications and CNC probing applications.
- Time of day: Evenings
- Days: Monday, Wednesday
- Hours: 90
- Class Times: 5:30pm - 8:30pm
- CRN: 81573
- Tuition: $2,100
- Room: Platt Technical HS, Milford, CT