CNC Precision Machining Technology Level 1
CNC classes are held at Platt Technical High School, Milford, CT
A New Approach to Advancing Skills & Experience in Precision Machining & Inspection
The CNC program is a unique and intensive training experience that improves a manufacturing employee’s effectiveness on the shop floor. The program works simultaneously in multiple content areas in an all-in-one mode. The students will experience an actual production machining environment that culminates in a finished multi-component product. The program will increase knowledge & skills in: The levels begin with:
- Introduction to Basic Machining Ops on Manual Machines
- Milling & Turning
- CNC Programming & Machine Setup + Work Holding Techniques
- CNC Tooling Technology
- Print interpretation, GD&T Applications & Precision Inspection
- Shop Mathematics, Process Planning & Lean Mfg.
Level 1: Basic Machining Operations & CNC Basics
Level 2: Intermediate skills that build from Level 1
Level 3: 4th & 5th axis machining, Mastercam 2022 and live Tooling.
All 3 levels involve the production of a complete and functional multi-part assembly.
To apply for a scholarship for this course, please click here.
- Time of day: Evenings
- Days: Monday, Wednesday
- Hours: 90
- Class Times: 5:30pm - 8:30pm
- CRN: 80970
- Tuition: $2,100
- Room: Platt Technical HS, Milford, CT