Transferring to Housatonic
Are you planning to transfer credit to complete an associate degree at Housatonic Community College or would like to enroll in a class to transfer back to your home institution? Housatonic Community College will accept courses in transfer with a grade of C-minus to be applied towards HCC programs except where courses and prerequisites stipulate a grade of C or better. Students are advised to check the academic catalog to see which courses require a C or better grade for credit toward the degree or to fulfill the prerequisite requirement.
Transfer In Guidelines
Transfer In Guidelines
- Students must be accepted by the Admissions Office and enrolled in a Degree or Certificate Program.
- Make sure you notify the Admissions Office immediately upon admittance, that you have transfer courses from another college or university.
In order for your transfer courses to be evaluated and accepted at HCC, you must provide official college transcripts:
Mail: Contact your previous college and request an official transcript be mailed to HCC:
Housatonic Community College
Transfer Office – LH B104
900 Lafayette Blvd
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Online Request: Visit your previous college’s website. Many colleges offer online college transcript requests. In this case, you complete an online request form and your official college transcript is sent electronically to HCC’s Transfer Office.
Hand-deliver: Contact your previous college and request an official transcript be mailed directly to you or pick up the document in-person. *Do not open the envelope. Bring the sealed envelope to the Transfer Office, LH B104. Any ‘opened’ and unsealed envelope will be considered ‘unofficial’, and cannot be officially applied to your degree or certificate program.
- Courses are evaluated and officially accepted by the Transfer Office.
- Course Descriptions: Transfer students are required to provide course descriptions for courses completed 5 years ago or more.
- Unofficial Transcripts: Any ‘opened’ or unsealed envelope, faxed, scanned or copies of college transcripts. These cannot be officially applied to your degree or certificate program. However, you may provide an unofficial transcript to your Advisor for advising purposes. In this case, the Advisor will ‘unofficially’ evaluate your transfer courses and help you build your course schedule and register. In order for your college transcript to be officially evaluated and applied to your degree or certificate program, please refer to step 3 above.
Checking to see your transfer courses accepted at HCC:
Visit the HCC website
On the right, click MyCommNet
Log into MyCommNet
Select Degree Works - Housatonic Community College
Enter your Student ID#/name
Under format, select Degree Evaluation
TR will indicate transfer courses
- Scheduling a meeting: The Transfer Office staff will assist transfer students with transfer related information; and assess each student’s needs in order to determine if an individual meeting is necessary.
- BHSN Graduates are responsible for having their official transcripts sent directly to the Admissions Office.
- Graduating students have priority status: HCC students with 50+ credits, and plan to graduate from HCC, may notify the Transfer Office accordingly. As a result, your transcripts will be evaluated as soon as possible.
- How to contact the Transfer Office: Email: