Transfer Planning

Enter your search term below.

I'm Graduating! What's next?

There are a number of transfer opportunities for HCC graduates. Some are general transfer procedures while other programs guide you directly to a degree program at a four-year college or university, you can view the options below.

Video Tutorial Watch this video tutorial to learn more about transferring after graduation.

Articulation Agreements

Dual Admission Program

UCONN Guaranteed Admission Program (GAP)

The Guaranteed Admission Program is an agreement between the University of Connecticut and the Connecticut Community College system. It is designed for students who are enrolled in a Liberal Arts transfer program at one of the Connecticut community colleges and plan to earn a bachelor’s degree in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and/or the College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources at the University of Connecticut. To become part of this program at HCC contact the Counseling/Advising Center: 203-332-5097, Lafayette Hall, L112. The application must be submitted to UCONN before completing 30 credits at HCC.

UCONN Business and Data Analytics Transfer Pathway Program

If you are earning the associate degree in business at Housatonic, you may be eligible to enter the School of Business to pursue a Bachelor of Science degree. Students are able to complete this major at University of Connecticut campuses in Stamford, Greater Hartford, Waterbury, and Torrington. To qualify for admission to the Business and Data Analytics program as part of the Transfer Pathway, you must: Complete your associate degree in the appropriate business program at one of the participating community colleges; Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0; Achieve a 3.0 or higher in courses being used to meet junior/senior-level major requirements; Complete and submit an application for transfer admission to the University of Connecticut by the stated deadline. For more information on admission to this program at Housatonic contact Professor Edward Becker at . See the UCONN web site for details of the Program.

The Connecticut College of Technology

The Engineering Science Pathway program allows community college students to follow a specific course of study leading to an associate degree, preparing for the ultimate goal of earning a bachelor's degree in Engineering at the University of Connecticut. To find out more about the program at Housatonic contact Professor Robert Ryder .

Connecticut State Colleges and Universities (CSCU’s) - Transfer Ticket Program

The Transfer Ticket program offers students a seamless transfer from their Connecticut Community College to Connecticut State Colleges and Universities. Students must graduate with their Associate degree to be guaranteed junior status without hassle, losing credits or taking additional credits. Visit the website provided above. Select a college and the degree program you wish to pursue. Each program will provide a list of courses to complete the degree program. Click on the PDF link: to view the list courses offered that meet each General Education content area. If you need further assistance, please contact the Campus Advisor for that specific program, listed at the top of the degree program. If your campus advisor is not available, you may schedule a meeting with a Counselor/Advisor in the Counseling/Advising Center: (203) 332-5097, Lafayette Hall, L112.

For further information on transfer options, please click here.


Course Search