Grant Writing Resources
If you would like information on grant writing or grant development, there are many good resources online to help you get started. Several organizations offer online training videos and modules. For those with an interest in more in-depth training, many institutions and organizations offer grant writing training. The Grantsmanship Center offers fee-based, multi-day training several times a year at various locations across the country. Often local community and professional organizations, and public agencies sponsor grant writing trainings. The resources below are mostly free of charge and available online.
GrantSpace is a private nonprofit site for fundraising that offers information and online training (much of it free) on grant development including:
- Introduction to Proposal Writing
- Introducción a la redacción de la propuesta
- Introduction to Finding Grants
- Money to Match Your Mission: Identifying and Applying for Grant Funds
- Introduction to Project Budgets
- Introduction to Corporate Giving
- Government Funding: Writing the Proposal
- Government Funding: Readiness, Research and the RFA Review
- Creating a Sound Proposal Budget
- How should I cite sources in a grant proposal?
The Grantsmanship Center provides training in grant development, publications, and related information including webinars, podcasts and newsletter archives.
Grants.gov is the federal grants portal for all things grant related. The Grants.gov Grants Learning Center at https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/learn-grants.html offers the following topics::
- Grants 101
- Grant Terms
- Grant Eligibility
- Grant Programs
- Grant Agencies
- Grant Events (training, conferences)