IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT UPDATE:
Housatonic Community College is currently operating under special conditions due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. In the absence of the ability to administer placement assessments on campus, we ask that you complete and submit the SUPPLEMENTAL PLACEMENT FORM by clicking here.
What is a Supplemental Placement Form?
Normally, a placement test is required for all students who have not successfully completed college-level English and/or math classes. Currently, HCC is operating under special conditions due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. In the absence of the ability to administer placement assessments on campus, we ask that you complete and submit the SUPPLEMENTAL PLACEMENT FORM here. The placement form helps identify your academic strengths and needs in math, English and reading. After completion an Academic Advisor will contact you to identify appropriate courses based on your current level of ability.
Who must complete the Supplemental Placement Form?
- All new students enrolling in a degree or certificate program
- Transfer students who have not successfully completed an English composition and/or college-level math course with a grade of “C” or better
- Any student planning to take an English writing or math course
- Any student registering for a course with an English or math pre-requisite
- Any student taking English as a Second Language courses
- All High School Partnership applicants, home schooled students and high school students seeking early admission to college