Academic Planning and Registration is best done EARLY!
Fall Semester: Registration begins the 1st week of April. Classes begin the end of August
Spring Semester: Registration begins the 1st week of November. Classes begin the end of January
Housatonic students have the support of both their Faculty Advisor and Guided Pathway Advisor. Faculty Advisors are EXTREMELY important to identify and connect with on your Academic journey.
Faculty Advisors are the subject experts in your Area of Study/ Major. They can:
- Provide letters of recommendation
- Offer specific information about your major and courses recommended for your major
- Develop the most accurate course schedule
- Connect you with internship opportunities
- Explore academic & career interests… And more!
Faculty advisors are available to meet with students all year except the months of June, July, August and January.
To schedule an appointment with your faculty advisor, you should send an email to your faculty advisor from your chosen Program of Study. You can find their information by typing their name in the search on the HCC website. Most emails are First InitialLast Name @housatonic.edu (Ex: )
Use the Faculty/ Staff directory on the HCC website to find office hours, locations, phone numbers and/or email addresses.
Not sure who your faculty advisor is?
- Sign into my.CommNet.edu with your banner ID.
- Click on the DegreeWorks box in the lower left corner your Faculty Advisor’s name will be in the upper right-hand corner of your DegreeWorks worksheet.
If you are unable to reach your Faculty Advisor, you may book an appointment with your Guided Pathway Advisor. Each matriculated student at HCC is assigned a Guided Pathways Advisor (GPA). A Guided Pathway Advisor is a Professional advisor whose sole purpose is to holistically support each students’ unique needs in order to develop and achieve their goals. A GPA will be connected with each student from registration until graduation. Guided Pathway Advisors:
- Connect with their advisees at beginning of the semester and periodically throughout the semester/year
- Check-in often and provides resources and referrals to promote success
- Do NOT replace Faculty and students should continue to meet with their Faculty advisor as well
To book an appointment with your Guided Pathway Advisor in the Advising & Student Success Office click here: Schedule an Appointment with your Guided Pathway Advisor.
Not sure who your Guided Pathway Advisor is?