The mission of the Academic Support Center (ASC) is to provide a full service testing and tutoring experience that cultivates student success.
The ASC is comprised of a dynamic, dedicated educators who strive to enhance the learning experience and academic and professional achievement of HCC students through comprehensive services which include:
- Center for Academic Progress
- Tutoring Center - Provides one-on-one, drop-in, group, and online tutoring in most subject areas.
- Writing Center - Writing Across the Curriculum Center (WACC) - Provides one-on-one writing tutoring to students in all subject areas.
- Testing Services - Provides placement, computer literacy, make-up, CLEP and DSST testing.
- Disability Support Services - The program for students with disabilities may provide accommodations, academic tutoring, and technology to assist students with all varieties of disabilities.
By fostering a supportive environment, the ASC strives to inspire students at every level of preparedness to advance, to excel, and to reach their fullest potential.
The Academic Support Center is located in rooms LH-B116, LH-B118, and LH-B120