Enter your search term below.

Receiving Transfer Credit

An applicant who has attended another post-secondary institution (college/training institute) and wishes to have transfer credits earned from another accredited academic institution applied towards his or her degree at Housatonic Community College must fulfill the following requirements:

1. An applicant who has attended another post-secondary institution (college/training institute) must request official transcript(s) of previous course work be sent to the HCC Admissions Office;

2. Official college transcript(s) from previous college(s) can be mailed directly or hand delivered in a sealed envelope to the Admissions Office. Official transcripts are imprinted with a raised college seal;

3. Transfer students are required to provide course descriptions for any course work completed ten years ago or more;

4. The applicant must be enrolled in a degree or certificate program and currently attending classes.

Checklist for Receiving Transfer Credits

Student must be in a Degree/Certificate Program in order to transfer credits into Housatonic Community College.

1. New and Transfer students: notify the Admissions Office immediately about transfer credits from previous college(s). Re-Admit and Continuing students can bring copies of the unofficial transcript(s) to Counseling Office for advising purposes only. Official transcripts need to be sent to the Admissions Office. Please see #2.

2. Request “Official” college transcript(s) from previous college(s) be mailed directly to the Admissions Office. Official transcripts are imprinted with a raised college seal and can be mailed or hand delivered directly to the Admissions Office in a sealed envelope. The Admissions Office will not accept hand delivered transcripts that have been opened as being official.

3. The Admissions Office will notify students by mail upon receipt of their official college transcript(s). Once receipt of official college transcript(s) is confirmed by the Admissions Office, an Assistant Director within the Admissions Office will evaluate the transcript(s) and award any applicable transfer credit. Courses accepted as transfer credit will appear on the student’s HCC transcript which can be found online at my.CommNet.edu. The Admissions Office will notify students by mail once the transfer credit evaluation has been completed.Note: Not all credits accepted may apply to the major. Students are encouraged to see their faculty advisor for details.

4. What if my “Official” transcripts are not available at this time? Students must bring an “Unofficial” transcript for advising purposes. “Unofficial” transcripts can be photocopies of the transcript(s) or final semester grade reports. (You must follow up with Steps 2 and 3.)

5. Bridgeport Hospital School of Nursing graduates are responsible for having their official transcripts sent directly to the Admissions Office.

6. Please note: The Admissions Office evaluates transcripts as they are received from the Admissions Office, as expeditiously as possible. During Open and Late Registration periods, students are encouraged to bring a copy of their unofficial transcript(s) to expedite advising and registration.


Course Search