Each semester, new students that have completed the Accuplacer placement test will schedule a mandatory Launch Group Advising session. During the advising session, students will:
- Learn how to navigate the college website
- Learn about degree and certificate programs offered
- Identify career options
- Build schedules from course offerings based upon placement test, AP, or SAT scores
- Learn how to register for classes online
- Learn about Degree Works to check academic progress and program requirements
- Learn important terminology such as prerequisite, co-requisite, parallel, Satisfactory Academic Progress, and cumulative GPA
- Identify faculty advisors and understand the importance of creating a working relationship with them
- Identify campus resources and departments such as advising, career services, Center for Academic Progress (CAP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), TEAS testing, counseling, Family Economic Security Program (FESP), financial aid, HCC Foundation, and tutorial services.
For LAUNCH questions or concerns please contact: Alese Mulvihill, 203.332.8508.